Whether you are looking for a gas boiler or a boiler powered by liquid petroleum gas (LPG), we offer a wide variety of products to meet your needs
As a boiler isn't a purchase that you make often, you may not know if you need a gas boiler or an LPG boiler. The points below should help you choose:
Gas (natural gas) Boiler
- Gas is piped into homes and businesses using an underground network of pipes
- It is the most commonly used method for heating the home in the UK
- It is also the cheapest option available to consumers. However, not all homes are on the gas network.
- LPG is supplied in bottles/cylinders
- It is normally used in rural areas where natural gas is not available
- It is renowned for being more environmentally friendly than natural gas.
Regardless of whether your home is powered by a natural gas boiler or an LPG boiler you still have choices available to you. Below is a simple table highlighting the suitability of the three main types of boilers Combi, Regular or System — all of which are available from Help-Link through the leading manufacturers Worcester Bosch, Vaillant, Vokéra and Baxi.
|Some of the considerations for choosing a new oil boiler*||Most suitable boiler|
|You want to use your loft space for a room conversion or other purpose||Combi or System (unvented cylinder)|
|You live in a flat or bungalow (i.e. have very little or no roof space)||Combi or System (unvented cylinder)|
|Your home has more than 2 bathrooms||Regular, System or floor standing Combi|
|Your mains water pressure is low||Regular or System|
|You want to replace an old boiler to improve an existing conventional central heating system||Combi, Regular or System|
|There is a need to have hot water available on tap without waiting for it to heat up||Combi|
However, if this all sounds too bamboozling, our specialist advisors are always on hand to guide you through the decision process — contact us for more information.
*If you would like a more technical explanation regarding further elements to consider, please — contact us